Wednesday, February 27

Sick Sucks

Okay, so I did make it back to Edam. ~sigh~ Veritas was mostly pretty good in the car, let out a couple mewls, but then she cried all the way from North Battleford to here. I mean, give me a break - I wanted to cry! I already didn't feel well on Sunday, but I wanted to go to church and I'm so glad I did because Bethany was there and it was fabulous. It was also nice to hug my aunt good-bye. Lunch was lunch, but the dining companions are always a joy ;) And of course I didn't do anything useful Sunday night.

So Monday I'm feeling yuckish, but I write it off to back-to-school/haven't-planned-anything blues and slooooowly walk to school. Everyone tells me how awful I look and convince me to ask for a sub. I'm so glad I did. I slept for hours when I finally made it home. Everytime I woke up my baby was either by my side or on my chest, suffocating the life out of me. Just her way of showing she cares. I was impressed, anyway.

So today I'm mostly feeling better except that my nose is extremely stuffy and I feel like I lost half of my brain or something odd up there. And my voice sounds really off. However, I still haven't managed to get anything accomplished and now have only a few days to get my marks done. Which brings me to the question of the day - what would you do if someone took your tests and the paper you recorded most of them on? One of my colleagues figures they'll turn up, I'm hoping it's before report card day, or else I don't know what to do. Whatever. I still have to mark their papers anyway, and I do have those.

This really is a procrastination post - I'm sure you can tell by the length. I'll really have to force myself to make sure that I get enough done during the day tomorrow before I even let myself turn my home computer on. I'm so baaaad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Agreed Heather - functioning well while being sick is hard for all of us! Hope you feel better and are encouraged today - asking God to send a dose of His goodness (ability to rest and give your best to the immediate tasks). Enjoy the bonus day we get in February this year! A.Ellie