Thursday, February 28

Evaluation

Tomorrow my principal is going to sit in on a class for the first time. I had asked her to help me out with the Grade 8/9s and she said she'd come in. I figured it was mostly to keep the kids in line and maybe offer me some advice, but it's going to be an evaluation. Crazy. I don't know if I'm ready for this (even in any other district I'd probably have had a couple by now). I was at school until 8:30 just trying to put this unit together (because it's not just about the lesson) and I'm still not done. I think it looks a little too bare-bones, but it's not like I haven't told her that I'm struggling. We'll see how it all goes. She gave me a TON to think over tonight. The unit does have good potential - it needs more flushing out. The problem is spending all my time on this thing when I have 50 hours of grading to do and I haven't planned for any of the other 5 classes tomorrow. Unfortunately those are the classes that rarely get their due. What a gong show.

Well that's my vent - I gotta go. Dishes are done, but there are clothes to pick up, notes to type, a shower to take, a plan to get down on paper, and who knows what else!

Please pray for me! Oh yes - I'm still a little sick, but it's mostly a nose that won't quit and some unexplained forehead sweat.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Hey Heather! how did the day go? feeling any better? sorry you've been sick and that your job is so overwhelming at times. Thinking and praying for you.