Friday, January 11

Almost Crying

I hate HATE junior high. They suck. I get that what they're doing isn't fun, but I don't have the experience or know-how to do the more fun things. By this age they should be able to relate consequences with their actions. Why don't they get that inability to keep the volume down results in less food labs? I'm totally being the teacher I never wanted to be. I'm yelling and giving so much desk/homework and pop quizzes. I hate not having any experience to draw on. I want to naturally interest the students and 'trick' them into learning. I want it to be a fun experience, but I just don't know what to do. I get that cooking labs are probably best, but without knowing how they work or what the budget is - what hope do I have? I am feeling so discouraged right now that I'm just not sure I can take even 6 months of this. I sure hope this afternoon goes better (although my students came and told me that they normally read during that time... grrr... sure wish someone would fill me in on all this stuff). I'm so tired and all I do is try to plan as best I can and it's all just poop. Can't I just crawl into bed and never come out?

No comments: