Monday, January 7

1 Day Down...

... and so many more to go. Today was a stressful day. I really haven't found my teacher voice with the high schoolers (especially Gr 7-9). I'm really not well-planned. I hadn't even really started stringing together units and today I realized that the regular teacher really hadn't planned the year either. Guess that's what happens when you cover a mat leave. After spending 11 hours at the school day, I do feel prepared for tomorrow. Then there's the rest of the week that needs work. The rest of the month, actually.

The best part of my day was coming home to find that the internet is working :) YAY!! I felt so cut off from the world. I missed logging onto my game, msn, e-mail, everthing. The phone also works, but not the phone I prefer :( For some reason my cordless won't communicate with its base. I'll keep trying to fiddle, but I don't know what would have happened to it. Ah well, at least I brought my back up phone.

Love you all. Please don't stop praying for me.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Hang in there Heather!. One of my best friends is covering for a mat leave and this is her first teaching job, she says it is a lot of hard work and that many hours needs to be spent planning....but she knows if she does well her chances of getting another job are much higher.

Prayed for you lots and will continue to.

Aunt Ruth

Charlotte said...

Praying God will bless you with energy and creativity and peace this week :D