Tuesday, November 8

First Day Back

I had a really great day. I love being back in the school and hearing the kids. I certainly love books and the library lets me see that there's soooo many I have yet to read - and a lot of them look good. Yes there is checking books in and out and reshelving books, but that's not all a librarian does. Today I missed getting to read stores to the Kindergartens and Grade Ones because they forgot about it, but I worked with some Grade Twos who are in a book club and get to do some projects related to that.


I also worked with a class of Grade Fours and I loved being back in the classroom. I got to help them brainstorm all sorts of questions that they could answer when they start doing their research projects on animals. Choosing between classroom teacher and teacher-librarian may be a really hard choice, but I think it's easier to get full-time work as a librarian. Still not 100% sure that's what I want - I only got a small snapshot. The day was great and I am definitely glad to be a teacher again and can't wait to see what other experiences I'll have.

No comments: