Tuesday, May 27

Major Obstacle

So today I've encountered a major obstacle in my back up plan: Veritas doesn't like cats. I'm not sure what it is she doesn't like, but she really doesn't like them. I went over to the neighbours' today to check out the baby kittens. One of my students cats' had kittens and then was eaten by a fox so his cousin's girlfriend volunteered to nurse them. They are so adorable. There's a black boy with white paws. The rest are girls: one is white, one is an orange tabby, and the other is calico. They're about 2 1/2 weeks old and so active. I forgot how much I love them when they're so so tiny. They are a lot of work, though. Anyway, I asked to 'borrow' one so that I could see if Veritas would be more accepting of a kitten than the other cats that she's seen and she hissed and growled and even snorted at the tiny white furball. She didn't try to attack it or anything, but she might a lot of noise. Fortunately the kitten didn't sense any harm and was, frankly, just fine with the whole arrangement. Veritas still has a problem with the shirt I was wearing when I let the kittens climb all over me. We're going to have to work on that because I'm definitely getting at least one more cat when I'm able to do so.

No comments: