Wednesday, December 26

Merry Christmas!!

This Christmas saw the Loewens partying down in the fire hall. Quite a nice facility for us. Christmas Eve saw the Haskins out for supper and then to West Portal for their Christmas Eve service. We brought Grandma home with us and watched tv and went to bed. It's the first time I can remember not reading the full Christmas story - right from the angel talking to Mary all the way to the return from Egypt. In the morning we ended up waiting a little bit for my brother to drive over (he moved into the city during the summer). Santa got us lots and lots of little presents and some nice-sized cheques. After declining to return them for smaller sizes, we hung out until the dinner. A few people from each side of the family joined us for turkey.

I did go boxing day shopping, mostly because computer upgrades were at the top of my list and I wanted them last week. I got some ram, a new video card, and a web cam. Computer is running quite well now. I also picked up some DVDs, yoga pants, and some necessities. A mostly successful, but rather tiring day.

Now I'm going to be spending my time packing what I absolutely need for my move and planning out as much of January as I can. I'm excited to teach, but quite nervous, too.

I hope you all had a merry Christmas and that the new year finds you well. Until next time!

2 comments:

Rosanna Toews said...

Thanks for the post! Glad to hear the days included goodness. Yeah for the job - hope the planning days are filled with extra energy and creativity.

Charlotte said...

Merry Christmas!