Tuesday, August 9

One Year Later

After spending years retreating within myself I feel that it is time to begin an outward journey. Suddenly I want to get back in the classroom, but with being gone so long I doubt I'll get an interview. Knowing this, I can plan to get back into it. I am going to apply for some jobs (this time around I know not to take anything I'm not ready for). If I don't get anything by the end of the month I'm going to sign up to teach Sunday school - experience and (hopefully) a reference all in one. I'll have to find out if there's any additional volunteer work or anything I can do besides subbing.


It's a daunting thing. I know how hard it is to get started and I know how disinclined I am to such massive efforts. All of the things that I have been aching over while trying to figure out how I want to earn a living are a part of teaching: being a part of something bigger and more important than myself, having children, not being on my feet or sitting all day, and getting to socialize. The more I think about it the more I actually get excited about the prospect. I let myself get discouraged and depressed from not finding a steady job and I quit. I can't let myself do that again.

It's nice to have something to look forward to.

No comments: