Thursday, November 29

I Survived!

My first time subbing is over and it went just fine. The Grade 8's were really loud. I even had to resort to having them put their heads on their desks! Yikes! Their teacher didn't really leave enough work and they all claimed they had no other homework so I didn't really have anything to give them. The Grade 9's were better - they got a new assignment. I had quite forgotten a lot about monomials, but I remember them now. It worked out. I did okay. I sure hope I get more work soon. I don't remember this age group being so small. Some of the girls showed me their assignment for health class - they had to write a letter to their future spouse saying what they wanted from and what they could bring to the relationship. Their letters were really quite grounded and woman-like. I was very impressed. I think it's a really cool assignment.

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Glad you survived Heather - it sounds like things went well. Hoping and praying you get more work soon.

Charlotte said...

Glad to hear you had a good day Heather! :D That's great :)

Naomi said...

That is so awesome! Soon you will be gaining even more confidence and teach like it was second nature! I'm so proud of you.